Prime Mates monkey pattern progress

Posted on: April 4th, 2020 by Lorna McMahon
How is your self isolation going? Are you…
Going Bananas?!!!

I just saw a news report about the stress and strain of self isolation. It reported that people are going crazy from being in lock down!

It was strange, actually, because I had just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster and all of us agreed that things are getting bad. I didn’t mention anything to the washing machine as she always has to put a different spin on everything and certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron calmed me down. She said everything will be fine, which surprised me because she’s usually the first one to apply unnecessary pressure and get steamed up over nothing!!! I think she might have been sneaking off to the medicine cabinet. But the girls in my sewing room and me are having a great time because they are always up for a quilting party!!

This was found floating around on Facebook and thought you might be able to relate.

I am doing my best to enjoy this time at home. And it’s great to have my kids around.
I had previously done a lot of pattern writing so now I am able to spend my time testing. I am truly thankful for my sewing machine right now! Spending my time sewing has been very therapeutic.

So far I have tested the Mandrill Baboon….

Squirrel Monkey with vine…..

Orangutan…..

And Chimpanzee!
Seems there are a few people wondering why this Chimp is holding a Margarita glass…
And I also made this cute Go Bananas! table runner that finishes at 13″ x 39″
Go Bananas! table runner

PriME MaTEs pattern 90″ square setting

Mandrill Baboon

Chimpanzee

Orangutan

Squirrel Monkey

CLICK HERE to see the monkey blocks and Go BANANAS!

The remaining blocks are now being tested and the entire Prime Mates pattern will be available soon!

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sew Fresh Quilts Etsy Shop

1. Emily says:

Oh my goodness, these are the cutest! My favorite is the orangutan. So fun!!!!

2. Kathy says:

I'm excited to see your finished quilt, I know it's going to be fantastic! Great fabric choices are the icing on the cake!

3. deedee says:

What a great sense of humor. Wonderful. Made me laugh. Thanks.The Prime Mates are so much fun. Will have to get the whole pattern as my quilts are for children. The orangutan reminds with its arms up of the Clint Eastwood movie! LOLLooks like you and I have the same machine. Like mine sooo much. Hang in there… (Pun intended.)

4. Kerry says:

Very colourful and very clever, Lorna!

5. Karen R says:

Oh you are so funny and so creative. Cute pattern!

6. Lace Faerie says:

Great post, I enjoyed the giggle!Your blocks are wonderful, as always!

7. scrappy; says:

Great humor just when we needed it! Cannot wait for the whole primates pattern – looks like I could work on it through the whole pandemic and not be finished. Ha. Thanks for the giggles.

8. Becky says:

I adore your sense of humor and laughed myself silly. Your patterns are amazing! Keep sending us into fits of laughter 🤣

9. hej Lorna,what a great pattern again! Where do you have your crazy ideas from? :0) i love the squirrel monkey! we stay at home, i just work as a nurse, but in my free time, we stay home and I keep on sewing :0) thank you for your crazy patterns!! greetings from denmark, Ulrike :0)

10. I live in a house full of guys and dogs. If I don't talk to myself, the no one will. I also answer back. Now that hubby is working from home, he keeps wondering who I'm talking to (first time he ever noticed).