HPQAL2019 – Bonus Blocks!!!

Posted on: June 1st, 2019 by Lorna McMahon
Welcome to the final block post for the EPIC Harry Potter Quilt Along 2019!
Turns out co-hosting this EPIC Harry Potter Quilt Along has been quite a lot of work! So the Bonus Blocks are nothing fancy. Take your Ron Selfie block instructions and read them while looking in the mirror. That is how to make yourself a Draco Malfoy Selfie block. Lol!
Really though…. The block instructions are at the bottom of this post.
And for the other bonus block, I decided to honour the author of the EPIC Harry Potter books. Um, like, hello!!! If not for her, we would not have been able to have so much fun making all these blocks and quilts!!!! Thank you, JKR!!!

If you already know what you are doing…
SCROLLLLLLLL DOWN…..

This is the SEW FRESH QUILTS version of the FREE Harry Potter Quilt Along quilt #HPQAL2019 as shown below
FREE HPQAL2019 @ SewFreshQuilts

Today is the final block instructions for piecing the BONUS BLOCKS Draco Selfie and JKR Initials!

To download the DRACO SELFIE printable PDF, click here.

To download the JKR INITIALS printable PDF, click here.

How else can you have fun and follow?

You can find us all over social media!!!!

Push my buttons, please!

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sew Fresh Quilts Etsy Shop

1. Sweet Lorna!thank you so much for this adorable QAL :0) i love the quilt and all the blocks, it was so much fun to be with this all the time! I woll now find an amazing backing for my quilt and show it wheen it is ready! Thank you for your special work! best wishes from the greatest Harry Fan, Ulrike :0)

Thank you, Lorna, queen of awesome quilting! I have had so much fun making this quilt!!

3. Dar says:

Lorna, thank you SO MUCH for sharing these awesome blocks with us! I am late getting started and so doing them out of order but am having the best time! I’m making three lap sized at the same time for my three grandchildren (6-1/2, 4-1/2 and not quite 3), probably for Christmas, to commemorate a family vacation to Harry Potter World at the end of summer. (Don’t worry, they’re only allowed to watch the first movie LOL). It’s my adult children who are the true fans… I’m also collecting Kelli's blocks so there may be larger quilts for them in the future as well! I’m doing the blocks the same but chose different background fabrics for each child, using the other colors of the Tula Pink de la Luna line. You really are very talented; I bought a couple of your patterns that I’m looking forward to starting after these. Thanks again for giving me back my sewing mojo!

4. Carmen says:

I love this quilt along, but I do have a question, on the latest bonus blocks, what do the initials JKR stand for?Carmen

5. I have enjoyed watching this qal from a distance. It has been great

6. Jule says:

I just printed the pages I was missing and am realizing how very far behind J am. First I misplaced the light skin color fabric, then it was too hot to sew, I can't find my 1/4\” foot, all kinds of excuses. But I'm motivated to finish now because this quilt is just sooo cool! Thank you for all your hard work, Lorna!

7. Jan says:

Carmen JKR: JK Rawling the author of the Harry Potter series.

8. Robin says:

Thanks Lorna for another fabulous quilt. You make us look good with your great +easy instructions.Looking forward to your next QAL.