I’m so excited to be sharing my Crossroads Tablerunner!
I’ve been sharing little progress posts along the way and today is my day on the Fat Quarter Shop blog hop. For my project, I chose the Crossroads Tablerunner pattern from Sherri Falls new book – Tablerunner Bliss. I shared a few photos of this book in this past post, but if you want to see some really great photos and read all the details, please click on over to have a look at this super cute book here at Fat Quarter Shop.
The blocks were super easy to make. And I love how each one shows off these fabrics from the Manderley collection by Franny & Jane. And the sashing and wee little 9-patch blocks were strip pieced so they came together quickly too!
I used my walking foot to quilt with organic wavy lines from edge to edge, using plain white thread on top and in the bobbin. The wavy quilting adds a softness and sort of dream like quality to this pretty design!
I think my favourite is the border print which was also used for the backing. You know I am print challenged, so being able to choose from a collection makes it so much easier for me. And you know they are going to look great together!
Because Fat Quarter Shop carries such a wide selection of beautiful fabrics it was difficult to choose just what collection to use for this runner. I finally decided on using prints from the Manderley collection by Franny & Jane, paired up with solids by Moda Bella in White and Flamingo. I just linked to the fat eighth bundle so you could get a look at all the prints that come in the collection, but if you like the Manderley prints, they are also sold in yardage. Just do a search for them in yardage!
Here is the schedule of bloggers with links that you might like to visit during this Quilt Along:
- Tuesday, 9/5 – Anorina (Samelia’s Mum) and Pam (Pam Kitty Morning)
- Tuesday, 9/12 – Sinta (Pink Pincushion)
- Sew Fresh Quilts) and Connie (Freemotion by the River) – Lorna (
- Jedi Craft Girl) and Jennie (Porch Swing Quilts) – Amanda (
- A Bit of Scrap Stuff) and Sherri (A Quilting Life) – Melanie (
- Pink Pincushion) and Lisa (In the Boon Docks) – Sinta (
- Spun Sugar Quilts) and Susan (yardgrl60 on Instagram) – Vickie (
- Carried Away Quilting) and Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts) – Taunja (
- Grey Dogwood Studio) and Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff) – Greg (
- Happy Quilting) and Kim (Persimon Dreams) – Melissa (
I’m one of the luckiest ones!
Want to quilt along with us????
You don’t have to have a blog to participate!