Let’s Bee Social # 99

Posted on: November 18th, 2015 by Lorna McMahon

My three best sewing friends and I have been busy as a beaver. I don’t know what I would do without my seam ripper, pointer tweezers and little snips. We now have all the blocks completed for the Forest Friends quilts. And are expecting to release the pattern this Friday! So stay tuned!

I am using the Canadian Beaver block for the baby quilt version in place of the American Eagle blocks that will be used in the twin size version.

Yesterday’s job was sewing on all that sashing and borders and preparing the backing and binding.
Today I will be quilting these critters!

Thank you Michael Miller Fabrics for sponsoring this fun project with that yummy Cotton Couture! Did I mention how soft those Cotton Couture are? I can’t wait to snuggle up with one of these finished quilts!

NOW it’s your turn for Show and Tell!!!
What have you been working on?
Sew Fresh Quilts

Sew Fresh Quilts

• Click on at least a few of the others who have linked up.
    • In your blog post, please include a link back to my blog.
    • Grab the “Let’s Bee Social!” button from above and put it on your sidebar. This way others who visit your blog that week can join in the fun!ย  Share the news of this new linky and Let’s Bee Social!
    • Following Sew Fresh Quiltsย is not required. But it sure would BEE nice!

PS. Thank you all so much for your lovely compliments on my Santa’s Reindeer block in Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 12. Your sweet words of encouragement mean so much to me! What would I do without ya?!!!

Follow(function(d, s, id) {var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if (d.getElementById(id)) return;js = d.createElement(s);js.id = id;js.src = “https://widget.bloglovin.com/assets/widget/loader.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, “script”, “bloglovin-sdk”))

Delivered byย FeedBurnerย

1. Nancy J says:

Superb blocks, lovely colours together, this will be a mighty quilt.

2. Hi Lorna! I looove the bear! And all your forest animals! Hmmm, could the bear be Nero if I change the ears? Thank you for hosting the linky party! x Teje

3. Dorian says:

Your blocks are looking great Lorna! I just love your critters.

4. I love these patterns!!!!!! Wonderful work.

5. These blocks are just over the top cute ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Ruth says:

Loving the Canadian beaver! Very cute!

7. Allison says:

Hey, I have the same three friends here in Germany too… and they come over OFTEN to visit!

8. Your friends do good work, those blocks look perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Margaret says:

these are so cute

10. all your animals are so cute

11. The beaver is adorable! I love the bear block too. Well I guess I love all the blocks.

12. Lori says:

these are so adorable, I love your animalsRight now I am finishing a tea cozy for my step mother for Christmas, first one, and yup, lots of ripping out has happened. LOL But now I know what I am doing. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Stephie says:

Lorna, my admiration for your designs just keeps on growing! You're going to go far young lady, I can feel it in my bones ๐Ÿ˜€ x

I love your three friends! I'm sure I have some close friends like that too! I can't wait to see this quilt finished. You are amazingly fast!

15. Tu-Na Quilts says:

I just love your little animals that you design. I'm still working on the so dog gone cute which I didn't get done yet. You are very talented.

16. That beaver is so adorable!! I can't keep up with all the great creations you have been releasing.

17. Renee says:

All these pieced critters are so adorable! And so well done, I'm impressed with each new one you come up with!

18. Cut&Alter says:

Your Forest Friends blocks are just too adorable!!! I think it might be a project for me …. next year!

Great designs!!They are sure adorable!!

20. Your forest friends blocks look great. Nice work!

21. mumbird3 says:

The beaver is terrific!!! Just love it!

22. Did I win yet? The copy of the magazine? So I can make the runner?! Gotta have it! Oh, I didn't win? Well, guess I just better visit your store…Love that thing!

23. These blocks look lovely. I am glad you are showing the work in process, instead of here's the 10 million quilts I finished today!

24. Lara B. says:

Your Forest Friends are looking so fantastic Lorna!

25. Deneez says:

Love your whimsical patterns… so cute