Posted on: March 11th, 2015 by Lorna McMahon

Happy middle of the week everyone!  For those of you who have daylight savings time in your neck of the woods, have you recovered yet?  Spring ahead!  Now.  You ready to get social?

To update you on the Zebra progress, I have finished the ZebraZ quilt – it is all quilted and bound.  More to share later this week.  The full reveal is scheduled for this Friday.  But for now I can’t resist sharing this Sneak Peek!!!

And I have started working on the Cheater ZebraZ using the black and white fabrics I described in detail during the Sew Sisters Sunday Stash on a Saturday post.  What a close call that was on the delivery end of things!  Phew!!!

Or are these just a herd of black and white horses?  With a polka dotty bird.

NOW…. Let’s PARTY!!!!
What’s new with you?

If you are not sure what Let’s Bee Social is all about, you can read the details here.

Delivered by FeedBurner

1. Wow, Lorna, you are \”Z\”ipping right along with these quilt tops! 🙂 I like the prints for the cheaterZ, but the classic look still might be my favorite.

2. Tehe, yes I like the idea of the cheater prints, but I would stick to stripy prints … love the addition of the little birdie 🙂

3. Karyn says:

Ooh, I might add a zebra to my elephant parade as frogs and turtles scare me!

4. I love these 'alternative' zebras. Such a clever and fun idea.

5. Kaja says:

I can't wait to see the completed zebras – and using cheater prints is a clever option if you want a different look. 🙂

6. charlotte says:

Another great, cute concept. Girl, you are on a roll here. I love the zebras. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

7. The zebras are everywhere…

8. knettycraft says:

Hello Lorna, your polka dotted birds are so lovely. And THANK YOU for your linky party!

9. Your striped zebra looks cute with its pink nose. The red bird gives a nice touch of color to the little piece you shared. I'm sure the whole quilt will be quite charming.As for the Cheater ZeabraZ, I definitely think the animal look more like a zebra than a horse.And no, I've not recovered yet. But I enjoy the fact that we're not in the dark by 6pm. 🙂

10. Dorian says:

Can't wait to see your full zebra quilt Lorna, the sneek peak looks great!

11. Kate says:

Lorna, I love the zebras!! 🙂

12. love all your zebras and other animals you have been making!

13. I'm in love with the little birds! 🙂

14. Jill Fisher says:

I love your last picture with the little birds. The crosshatch background is very effective with those little dots. This quilt is going to be so fun!

15. I can't wait to see the whole quilt. You're zebra/horses are just adorable.

16. Some of those cheater blocks are really fun. I could see making this into a horse quilt by using browns now.

17. Kathy says:

Love the polka dot bird – great addition

18. Your zebras are cute! The non-striped ones look like mules or donkey to me. I think it's the ears that make them look like a donkey to me. Anyhow they are cute!!!!

19. Your zebras are so stinking cute, Lorna! What a great idea for those graphic black and white fabrics!

20. ~Diana says:

Love 'em enough that I may just try them…someday 🙂

21. Mari says:

The ears make them zebras, not horses! They couldn't be anything else. Can't wait to see the whole quilt!

CUTE! Love the zebras with the 'cheater fabric'! You knocked it out of the park with that one! Love the quilting on the original as well! Great job…they make me smile every time!

23. Hi Lorna! This quilt with different white/black prints on the zebras look really fun! Did you see some where the photo of zebras where one had black hearts instead of stripes? I guess I saw in in fb. Super cute! x Teje

24. Carole says:

I love your zebras. I have enjoyed Elephant Parade. Mine is almost finished. They just make me smile.Thanks for all you do.

25. Nita says:

Donkeys! Where I live, donkeys are everywhere. Every field that has horses seems to also have a donkey (well maybe not, but there are a lot of them around). So the quilt looks like donkeys to me. So cute!

26. Debra says:

I love the Zebras!!!! Very smart and very cute.

27. You are lighting the quilt blogoworld with animals! Love 'em!

28. Oh my gosh – these zebras are too adorable! And I'm in awe of your speediness … seriously … loving all the animals!

29. KMTrott says:

Love the Zebra horses 🙂

30. Patty says:

Great Zebras!

31. I can't wait for the zebras! I've resisted getting Elephant Parade because I haven't made Fox and Friends yet, but the zebras might just hook me. LOL

32. The zebras look like they are completely adorable. And the new herd is sweet, no matter what you want to call them!