Posted on: August 27th, 2014 by Lorna McMahon

Well, it is official!  BOB and I are engaged!

Since receiving the 3 yards of Mixed Bag Houndstooth in Sprouts last week for my backing, BOB and I have been getting busy – drawing up a plan and choosing coordinating Kona cottons to use in the GO! Ohio Stars die.

I started piecing a little on Saturday night.  And then had the entire top finished by Sunday night.  As well as preparing the backing and binding.  We slowed things down on Monday, but managed to have this quilt sandwiched and pin basted, ready for quilting.

http://www.accuquilt.com/cutting-dies/go-block-on-boardBack at the beginning of the month, I shared my secret with you, expressing my love for BOB in this post.

BOB (aka Block on Board) makes cutting easy! All the shapes needed to make the block are included on one die board!

Have you been following along on the BOB Blog Hop?!!  From August 18th – August 29th, see a new project each day!  Click here for the full schedule.

NOW…. What’s new with you?

(If you are not sure what Let’s Bee Social is all about,
you can read the details here.)

Craftsy

Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my posts are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

I absolutely love that houndstooth. It will be so perfect with all of those delicious Kona solids. Waiting to see your big reveal.

2. margaret says:

quilt looks so colourful congratulations on the\” Engagment!!\”

I like that pictures with pins! not to mention Bob, lol.

4. Kaja says:

Boy, your Bob is fast! As usual I really like your colour choices.

Hi Lorna! You have adorable solids there! And I love the photo of your Project! That pattern looks great and the bright colours with the dark (black or grey) are fantastic! I need to learn to use also darker colours. x Teje

6. Wow How quick did your quilt come together, that was super quick. Following the blog hop so far I am thinking I need one of each of these dies for my collection. I think I could fall for BOB too.

7. Maryse says:

So far so good! Beautiful colors…I love a good Star!!I can't believe all the stuff you make, you must be sewing night and day??Have a nice day Lorna and thanks for the link up!

8. Vicki in MN says:

You and BOB are a wonderful team!! Great colors too :o)

9. As always, great fabric choices and great pattern. I definitely must get a BOB die and make a BOB as soon as I get settled from the move.

10. Vickie says:

Very impressive Lorna ! I would love to have an accuquilt go….maybe someday !

11. Mari says:

Love that houndstooth fabric! And what a great mix of colors with it. Some very happy stars for sure!

12. Lara B. says:

Hee hee – you and BOB are engaged! :)That photo of your quilt top with all the pins lined up is awesome Lorna!

13. Martha says:

Your quilt looks fabulous! You and BOB are a great match 😉

14. The photo with the pins look fabulous, love the dark grey in the quilt. Can't wait to see more, Lorna :)-Soma

15. Tehe … you crack me up!

16. amy says:

Oooh, that looks gorgeous! Especially with the black (gray?) Can't wait to see more!!

17. Amy says:

Well, fabric is going to fly. Bob asked me too! Lol! Looking forward to see your project.

18. Impressive speed at which you work, Lorna. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

19. Becca says:

I have yet to fall in love with the BOB. I'm still considering if I would really get that much use out of the system. I do have the Accuquilt Go! and use it as much as possible to clean up the scrap pile and it's working great for that. Your quilt top looks great! Thanks for hosting the link party again!

20. Wendi says:

Your quilt looks amazing, can't wait to see the finished pictures!

21. Oh how I long for BOB, you're a lucky gal! For now all I can do is dream of the day.

22. Nilya says:

Love your Foto with the needles 🙂

As someone who dislikes cutting, using some system to cut for me would be awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

24. betty-NZ says:

That's going to be awesome! I wish I had the gumption to tackle such a project.