Posted on: April 9th, 2014 by Lorna McMahon

Welcome to this week’s Social linky party!

I am happy to report that spring has finally arrived here at our little spot on the map!
        It is muddy and mucky.
              There is still some snow on the ground.
                    And the wood stove is still in use.

BUT, there are birds.  And blue skies.  And the sun.

I started a new project this weekend.
You can read more about it here.

This is a Kansas Dugout block.  With those dreaded Y seams.
Want to learn my secrets for easy piecing?
Tutorial coming later this week…

Sew Fresh Quilts
NOW…. What’s new with you?
I am sew looking forward to visiting with you all!
Really.  I am so blessed to have you each as my friend.

So…. Show me what you got!
And Let’s Bee Social!

1. thanks for the link up this will be fun looking though

2. I'm loving the Kansas Dugout blocks I'm seeing around. 🙂 I'm so glad spring is popping up finally in your area. I know we're so happy to see it here!

I see I'm not the only one working on triangles 🙂 I'm glad you are finally getting some sun.

Great block! Y seams…I better put that on my 'to learn' list!

Y seams, yikes! Love the block…

6. Debra says:

I checked out your Accuquilt blocks – they are adorable. What great fabrics and colors!!!!! Happy Spring!

7. RunningHen says:

Happy Spring to you! I appreciate linking up with you :)Julie @ RunngingHen.blogspot.com

8. These blocks are the cutest, Lorna!! Thank you so much for hosting Let's Bee Social

9. Glinda ♥ says:

Y seams? Ugh! Glad Spring has finally reached you, my friend. It was very warm in London today – was nice to feel the sun on my broken arm 🙂

10. Lindsey says:

Looking forward to your y seams tutorial! Thanks for hosting! 🙂

11. Rachel says:

I like that yellow, and I think you're right… that cheeky little monkey does seem to be in every block. 🙂 Thanks for hosting!

12. woot! I'm doing something and blogging about besides web work! Have a few bugs to fix – not tonight though. 🙂

13. What a neat block and happy spring Lorna……at least our snow is gone and now it is time for some yard work. Thanks for the linky party!

14. How sweet is this block?! Love it! And you are so fearless with the y seams already!

15. Marly says:

Lovely Kansas Dugout block; it's such fun with the animals in the middle. I'd really like to know how you do that without \”Y\” seams, so I hope to be reading all about it soon.