Sunday Stash

Posted on: March 30th, 2014 by Lorna McMahon

Last week, I was showing off my quilted jacket, made from Charley Harper prints in the Blue colour way.

More Charley Harpers.  This time, in the Fall colour way.
And some Kona Cotton Solids in Mushroom.

Charley Harper from Birch Fabrics and Kona Solids in Mushroom
Octoberama
Love those little birdie faces peeking out from their holes.
Bank Swallow
And who can resist those sweet squirrels?
October Edibles
Psychedelic ladybugs!
Ladybugs
This woodpecker print is perfect for strip piecing.
Upside Downside
So is this print!
October Edibles
Dots, dots, dots!
Ladybugs
Upside Downside
Octoberama

When I showed my mom the new jacket I made….  She fell in love!
She cooed and ooooed and gooed about it.

These new prints are destined become a jacket for my mom.  After all she has done for me… It is a pleasure to be able to make something for her that I just know she will just LOVE!

I told her about who Charley Harper was.  Borrowed from the local library, Charley Harper – An Illustrated Life by Todd Oldham, came along with me yesterday to visit.  I think she not only fell in love with these prints…  She also fell in love with Charley.

Charley Harper from Birch Fabrics

The October Edibles and Kona Cotton Solids in Mushroom were ordered from Fabric Spot.
The remaining Charley Harper prints were all from Mad About Patchwork.

Linking up to Sunday Stash with the fabulous Molli Sparkles.

Molli Sparkles

I love Charley Harper fabrics am trying to get more to make a king bed quilt but they are so hard to get now! Can't wait to see the jacket.

2. Those are indeed beautiful. Fall colors but not screaming autumn leaves. That will be a lovely jacket!

3. Mara says:

How sweet that your Mom is going to get a jacket too! and a very cool one at that.

4. Fran says:

Such wonderful fabrics!

5. Beautiful fabrics Lorna and your mom is going to love her new jacket!! Did you wear yours to church today??

These are fab! I normally don't like orange but it has won me over here

7. Natasha says:

Oh I am so jealous of these awesome Charley Harper fabrics, that are so much fun!!

I like this color way better. Yummy colors and prints. Have fun making the jacket.

9. Charley Harper fabrics are so fun and beautiful. I think I'm going to have to get myself some too soon! Your jacket is spectacular, can't blame your Mum for wanting one!

10. The squirrels are my favorite! I haven't had a chance to cut into my fabrics yet. Hopefully someday!

11. Jan Briggs says:

Nice! Lorna, I can't wait to see your mom's jacket!

Your mom is one lucky lady! These are going to be perfect for her jacket. It will be fun following this jacket too.

13. Vickie says:

Those are some really fun fabrics…is this a surprise for your Mom ? She will love it !

14. 'Fall'ing for your stash, Lorna!

Love Charley Harper. Loved your jacket too! I'm sure your mom will be so happy! I have also love all your posts the past few weeks…I read them, just have been in over my head lately! that being said…you inspire me!

16. Jo Ferguson says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THOSE PRINTS. I can't wait to see them in a jacket for your mom. She's a very lucky lady.

17. Lorette says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this line of fabrics!! Your mom is a lucky lady!