A Winner & Happy Blogiversary ~ to me!
I have never been one to make (or follow through with) New Year’s Resolutions. But I followed through with last year’s quilting/blogging resolutions! Here is my list of Quilting Resolutions for 2014:
|Sneek Peek of my TGIFF for December 27th!|
1) Bee Social. I can’t say enough about how important the online quilting community is to me. I have met sew many wonderful, talented, inspiring and encouraging friends during my first year of blogging. It is my hope to focus on that positive influence we can be for each other. So, I am hosting a new Wednesday linky party, which actually begins on January 1st! This linky will focus on being social and will promote the encouragement and support of all who link up.
NEW LINKY PARTY – Let’s Bee Social! is a Sew-Weet new weekly linky party for quilting bloggers. A new blog post each Wednesday will allow you to add your own link to the Let’s Bee Social linky party post.
Read more about the new linky by clicking on the page tab I have added beneath my blog header or by clicking on this link. Please add the linky button, found at the top of the right sidebar, to your blog to help spread the word!
2) Sponsored Giveaways. In November, I had my own very first Giveaway celebration. I was pleasantly surprised with the number of entries and happy to meet so many new friends! The wonderful feeling of GIVING away that fabric even surpassed the joy of winning fabric. I have been hard at work soliciting sponsors for Giveaways to take place during the new year. My sponsors are generous donors who are supporting the upcoming giveaways with donations of fabric or Stash Cash to be won. Through our combined efforts, we wish to provide a fun event with a chance for some lucky winner to receive a thrill in the mail. These sponsors are listed on the right sidebar. You can visit their shops anytime by clicking on their ad!
3) Buy more Fabric.
4) Make more Quilts.
|Scrumptious baby quilt|
5) New Tutorials. Is there anything you would like to see a tutorial for? I would love to hear from you! You can get my email address by hovering on the little purple spool with the @ symbol on it. The purple spool is on my right sidebar, just under my picture. Any suggestions are welcome!
6) Host a Quilt Along. I am really looking forward to hosting the Oblongagonalong this spring! You can read more about the oblongagon here. And the finished quilt can be seen here. When I have everything ready to go, I will post a schedule and add the quilt along button to my sidebar. Sure hope many of you will be able to squeeze this quilt along into your busy plans for the coming year!
7) Quilt Design. I spent the majority of 2013 gaining experience with new techniques in piecing and quilting. My focus for 2014 will be on design. I have been designing patterns using grid paper and the Paint program on my home computer. Recently, I purchased EQ7 from Fat Quarter Shop and this program will require some serious time dedicated to learning just what I can do with EQ. Not that I will ever give up the grid paper!
PS. I threw # 3 & 4 in just for fun!
of the Pink Lemonade Quilt Shop
Congratulations to Gill – the winner of the $25 in Stash Cash!
You are all invited back here on December 27th!
It is my first time hosting the TGIFF Linky Party.
Please link up your last Friday Finish of 2013!
Wishing you all…..
A very Merry Christmas and a Quilty New Year!!!!
Keep On Quilting On!
Merry Christmas, Lorna!Looks like a lovely start for 2014 – just the nudge I needed to follow your example and get a list together too.
I hope to Bee Social this year and have added your button to my blog. Congrats on your one year milestone~! And MERRY CHRISTMAS
Congratulations on the great work this year! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a successful 2014!
those are some great resolutions! have fun with the EQ, that sounds fabulous 🙂
Merry Christmas Lorna!! Great resolutions and you're going to looooooove EQ 7!
Merry Xmas Lorna. Definitely will be in but will miss the first one…still in Germany, heading back beginning of January. To another fun filled blight year!
Smartphones…that is supposed to read bloggy year above!
Sounds like tons of fun, Merry Christmas. I might have a TGIFF finish if I can get my Christmas quilt quilted!,but I will definitely be back to visit.
So happy to see a bloggy read on Christmas day… Happy Blogiversary to you! Congrats to your winners… you are well on your way to completing those goals for 2014 too it seems so keep the momentum 🙂 Loved playing in your giveaway too! Kathi
Good luck with your plans! I see you at the linkies 🙂
Looking forward to 2014!!
Happy Blogoversary! Can't wait to Bee Social! Sounds like fun. It's been a great year:) see you in 2014!
Your New Years goals all sound doable! I am looking forward to what you have to share and teach!
Hi! Great plans for the 2014! I shall absolutely follow you and join your NEW party! Happy Holidays1 x Teje
I love the concept of your Bee Social-great way to meet new friends. I have added your button to my blog and am going to mention it in a blog today tooKathy
Congratulations to the winners.
I love your list (esp. #3-4 :))! I'm excited to see all you do in 2014!
Merry Christmas! I need a list. I love the colors in your quilt! Darling
Wonderful goals for 2014 and I have some very similar ones, good luck Lorna! Thanks for sharing.Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday
I love your linky party idea and look forward to participating, when I remember of course. Life is just way too hectic lately. In the coming year I hope to get some sponsors so I'd so appreciate any advise that you'd be willing to share. And I too have a not quite recently EQ7 that I have yet to even load into my computer, much less learn how to use it. One of my focuses in 2014 will be to get decent at using it and then hopefully finish up the multitude of quilt pattern designs that I've been working on. Good luck to you in meeting your goals for next year.
Love the Scrumptious quilt! And love #3 especially ; ) Happy New Year!
Lorna, Thanks for linking up your 2014 GOALS at myplvl.blogspot.com. You know I'm totally looking forward to your Bee Social Linky and will be an active participant and cheerleader!! Happy New YeAR!
Cheers! Here's to more quilty fun in 2014!
I've added you button for the linky! And will look forward to following more of your 2014 fun :)Adventurousquilter.blogspot.com