A Winner & Happy Blogiversary ~ to me!
I have never been one to make (or follow through with) New Year’s Resolutions. But I followed through with last year’s quilting/blogging resolutions! Here is my list of Quilting Resolutions for 2014:
|Sneek Peek of my TGIFF for December 27th!|
1) Bee Social. I can’t say enough about how important the online quilting community is to me. I have met sew many wonderful, talented, inspiring and encouraging friends during my first year of blogging. It is my hope to focus on that positive influence we can be for each other. So, I am hosting a new Wednesday linky party, which actually begins on January 1st! This linky will focus on being social and will promote the encouragement and support of all who link up.
NEW LINKY PARTY – Let’s Bee Social! is a Sew-Weet new weekly linky party for quilting bloggers. A new blog post each Wednesday will allow you to add your own link to the Let’s Bee Social linky party post.
Read more about the new linky by clicking on the page tab I have added beneath my blog header or by clicking on this link. Please add the linky button, found at the top of the right sidebar, to your blog to help spread the word!
2) Sponsored Giveaways. In November, I had my own very first Giveaway celebration. I was pleasantly surprised with the number of entries and happy to meet so many new friends! The wonderful feeling of GIVING away that fabric even surpassed the joy of winning fabric. I have been hard at work soliciting sponsors for Giveaways to take place during the new year. My sponsors are generous donors who are supporting the upcoming giveaways with donations of fabric or Stash Cash to be won. Through our combined efforts, we wish to provide a fun event with a chance for some lucky winner to receive a thrill in the mail. These sponsors are listed on the right sidebar. You can visit their shops anytime by clicking on their ad!
3) Buy more Fabric.
4) Make more Quilts.
|Scrumptious baby quilt|
5) New Tutorials. Is there anything you would like to see a tutorial for? I would love to hear from you! You can get my email address by hovering on the little purple spool with the @ symbol on it. The purple spool is on my right sidebar, just under my picture. Any suggestions are welcome!
6) Host a Quilt Along. I am really looking forward to hosting the Oblongagonalong this spring! You can read more about the oblongagon here. And the finished quilt can be seen here. When I have everything ready to go, I will post a schedule and add the quilt along button to my sidebar. Sure hope many of you will be able to squeeze this quilt along into your busy plans for the coming year!
7) Quilt Design. I spent the majority of 2013 gaining experience with new techniques in piecing and quilting. My focus for 2014 will be on design. I have been designing patterns using grid paper and the Paint program on my home computer. Recently, I purchased EQ7 from Fat Quarter Shop and this program will require some serious time dedicated to learning just what I can do with EQ. Not that I will ever give up the grid paper!
PS. I threw # 3 & 4 in just for fun!
of the Pink Lemonade Quilt Shop
Congratulations to Gill – the winner of the $25 in Stash Cash!
Wishing you all…..
A very Merry Christmas and a Quilty New Year!!!!
Keep On Quilting On!