Oink A Doodle Moo twin baby quilts

Posted on: November 15th, 2013 by Lorna McMahon

Well, as it turns out, I had twins!

I recently posted about some leftover Oink A Doodle Moo (by Jenn Ski for Moda) that I was playing around with and created a baby quilt top.Β  I still had some large scraps on the design wall.
So more playtime ensued!Β  For this second baby boy quilt, I used the partial seam (tutorial here) method to make the blocks.

I was so pleased that a pattern using this method is now in the works!

These bright and happy quilts each have mitered corners (tutorial here)
and both turned out to be around 41″ square.
Partial Seam Frame
Improv Pieced
I used a flannel for the matching backings.
I quilted in the ditch for each and then quilted geometric boxes
in the negative space for the improv pieced quilt.
Flannel Backed
Plaid Binding
Binding is this fun plaid called Mischief Happy Plaid in Aqua by Nancy Halvorsen for Benartex.

Speaking of fabric….

Did you hear that Craftsy is having a flash sale this Friday & Saturday?
You can check out each sale here:

Craftsy yarn sale! Save up to 80% on yarn for 48 hours, November 15 & 16.

Craftsy fabric sale! Save up to 65% on fabric for 48 hours, November 15 & 16.

The sale only lasts 48 hours and products will sell out fast, so head over to Craftsy today and check some items off your crafting and quilting wish lists!

1. audrey says:

Oh, fun! I love that top quilt in particular. Lovely! I always enjoy a pattern where you can change the size of the block to fit the needs of your fabric. πŸ™‚ Thanks for linking up, and hooray for two lovely baby quilts!

2. I love these! What a great way to show off those adorable chunks of fabrics.

3. Perfect for twins! Great finish! Have a wonderful weekend!

4. Jessica says:

Soo cute! Perfect pattern for showing off the prints. Plus, I bet that flannel is super warm πŸ™‚

5. Shanna says:

Lorna, what delightfully sweet quilts you have made for these twins. I love how you used the fabrics in two different ways. Very well done of you, Whoop, Whoop!

6. Cute, cute quilts, I love the first one, and want to make something like it.I took it to my pintrest board ☺Bente

7. Aoife says:

Lots of fun to have two similar but different quilts for twins! I really enjoyed working with Oink A Doodle Moo earlier in the year – it's a lot of fun! I love the borders on each of the quilts, but will be popping off to look at your partial seam tutorial. The blocks in the first quilts are really impactful!

8. Anne says:

It's a great quilt, Lorna. Love it! :o)

9. Kira says:

Cute cute cute!!

Fabulous quilt. I love how you broke up the feature prints with white and the colour. Thanks for the inspirations. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Am in love with the little boy quilt! Beautiful work as ALWAYS!!

12. Sara says:

sweet quilt and the quilting is lovely:)

What a sweet little quilt! I love the bright colors on the white background

14. Congratulations, the twins look great!

15. Anne says:

I love those bright colors in this quilt! Beautiful work, and seems like you tackled almost all the classic scary techniques!

16. This comment has been removed by the author.

17. I love the partial seam framed one – that really sets off the prints beautifully! P.S. Thanks so much again for the profile tip! I think I fixed it : )

18. Katherine says:

Excellent finishes, Lorna! I love how each looks different but equally delightful. I really like the open frames on the top version. Very cute!

19. Lindsey says:

This quilt is so fun! Love the pattern! I have yet to try my hand at partial seams-they kind of scare me! This gives me the inspiration to try it! Thanks for sharing!

20. Renee says:

Both are very cute, but I especially like the top pattern and the way the panels/fussy cuts are framed!

21. jenni says:

Oh my, your partial seam frame quilt is soooo cute!

22. Eileen says:

Congratulations! Beautiful baby quilts!

23. Gorgeous Lorna and love that farmyard border πŸ˜€

24. Elise Lea says:

These are so fun! I love that first partial from one the most. It is just so stunning!

25. I adore the layout of the first quilt with partial seams, VERY cute!

26. Paula says:

These are just the cutest. I really love your block designs in both, a great way to showcase the prints.

27. Judy D in AZ says:

I am not big on white backgrounds BUT with the bright colors and the layout, this just sings to me.

28. RobotMomSews says:

Very cute!! I love what you did with that fabric..I love it!

29. Lucy Blossom says:

I love that fabric, and the finished quilts are gorgeous.

30. Georgi says:

OK – how cute is this quilt?! I'm going to have to find me a baby to make one for πŸ™‚

31. Oh I really like the partial seam block quilt! So adorable. Love the fabric, the binding and the backing! Both are wonderful quilts and will be great presents for the twins!

32. Laney says:

This quilt is so crisp and fresh looking! Great fabric and color choices! Love that block design,

33. Dar says:

Love your two baby quilts and especially like the partial seam one. I love how you can take your leftovers and make an entirely new looking, fresh quilt. You are so talented.

34. What cute, cute quilts and love all the barn animal blocks!! Thanks for sharing.Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

35. The borders around the picture blocks are really effective. Can't wait for the pattern, I'd love to give it a try!

36. Ohhhhhhhhh they are way too cute!

37. These are both so gorgeous Lorna! Particularly loving the Partial Seam Framed one. Yay for a pattern! πŸ™‚

38. Love it what do u do with all your gourgous quilts!!!!!??? i hope u enjoyed your Valentines weekend~! I was able to finish my piano covers for my mother in law studio. πŸ™‚ what do u do with all your lovely quilts? please dont take this question lightly i really am cerious i have a few i still hang on too im thinking of donated to the alternative pregenacy girls center those who decided to keep there baby :))