A Finish and a First

Posted on: September 26th, 2013 by Lorna McMahon

I finished the Gone Fishing quilt yesterday.

This is the first quilt I have ever made using a matched binding.
Luckily, I had just enough of the sky fabric to do so!
I had thought of making a scrappy, colourful binding.
But there was already enough rainbow going on with these fish.

I quilted around each of the fish and all of the letters.  Then quilted waves in the water….

And clouds and wind in the sky…. Well, organic clouds and wind!

Fishy, fishy in the brook,
Papa catch him on a hook,
Mama fry him in a pan,
Baby eat him like a man.

Putting this quilt up for sale in my Etsy shop!

1. I love the swirly quilting in the sky and the itty- bitty fish fabric for the water!

2. Marj says:

I think that this quilt turned out very cute. The quilting really enhances the quilt.

Oh Lorna…it is totally delightful! What a fantastic quilting job…and the binding. AHHmazing!!!

4. Great quilt! It is so fun and whimsical. The quilting is fantastic!

5. JB says:

It looks amazing! Love the matching binding, I've not seen that before but it looks great.

6. Anne says:

The quilt is wonderful. I do like the matching binding. Great job! :o)

Congrats on your finish! It's fun pretty quilt.

8. Neat! How did you measure where to piece the binding? Good luck, I hope it sells quickly!

9. Cloud CouCou says:

So cute! Gorgeous curly quilting and great design 🙂

10. Oh Lorna! It came out so cute. Love your quilting too.Adorable.

11. Great finish! Love the quilting and good call with the binding!!

12. Renee says:

What a cute quilt, and fun quilting!

13. Elise Lea says:

Love the binding that matches! A great choice. It turned out beautifully overall!

14. A wonderful quilt! I love the quilting detail!

15. I just love this quilt, Lorna. And congrats on your etsy shop!Thank you so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Oh, this quilt is just beautiful!Thank you for linking up with TGIFF!

17. Oh Lorna, it's fabulous! Way to go on the binding and the quilting — fantastic!

18. Dominique says:

Great quilt, Lorna, and your quilting is fantastic.