Finished… Broken Herringbone, Baby!

Posted on: September 23rd, 2013 by Lorna McMahon

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I did!

It was a full weekend, but I still found some time to finish up the Broken Herringbone, Baby! quilt.

I settled on quilt-in-the-ditch.  No pressure.
It does not distract from the herringbone design.
And I love the simplistic look on the back of the quilt!

I also have the Gone Fishing quilt basted and started on it.

Backed in flannel with these cute turtles.
Outline quilting the fish and worm…. And then quilting waves in the water.
 Will do the same outline quilting for the letters and then quilt clouds and/or wind in the sky.

How was your weekend?  Relaxing or productive?  Or both!?

1. Wow, they are both very very pretty! Love the green in the broken herringbone! I was lucky with some sewing hours this weekend! Estheresthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot comipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

2. Yay!!! Great finish! Love the stitch in the ditch! Seriously awesome!

3. the SITD on your BH looks great with the narrow sashing! great choice! Can't wait to see Gone Fishing!:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

4. Missy Shay says:

That is a beautiful quilt!

5. I love the SITD quilting! So perfect. I love the design on the back. I think with the more intricate design it speaks for itself and I don't want to take away with quilting. Fab!

6. so stunning, front and back!

7. Know what's funny? I have a stitch in the ditch coming up and I'm dreading the crap out of it! I think in the ditch is WAY harder than other types of quilting. 🙂 It really worked out for you – perfect call. 🙂

8. Well done on a fabulous finish! It looks just great!

9. Karin says:

Nice…I think it looks great. I see that you attach the binding by machine. Maybe I should try that. Do you reckon that it is quicker to do?

10. How cute is that turtle fabric?! Love how your herringbone quilt tuned out 🙂 My weekend was too busy = no sewing, ho hum …

11. Great finish! LOVE IT! PS My weekend was productive…but not in the sewing area of life:)

Love how the binding contrasts with the solid on the herringbone quilt.

Say whaat? How could you have finished that quilting so fast? You are certainly super women!!!

14. Ginx Craft says:

I love the herring bone quilt. It is so pretty.

15. Um, well hello there Ms. I'm Already Done Catch You On the Flipside! Hehe… congratulations on finishing. There will be a link up at the end of the QAL so don't forget to link up for some awesome prizes. This is stellar, congratulations! #MSBHQAL FTW!

16. Um, well hello there Ms. I'm Already Done Catch You On the Flipside! Hehe… congratulations on finishing. There will be a link up at the end of the QAL so don't forget to link up for some awesome prizes. This is stellar, congratulations! #MSBHQAL FTW!

17. Lucy Blossom says:

They look gorgeous, I particularly like the turtle fabric.

18. Dorian says:

You did a lovely job on your herringbone!

19. I absolutely love the palette you chose, it's looks great!

20. Renee says:

Your herringbone looks great! I love the green sashing you used!

these are pretty, lots of pattern involved in both

22. Michelle says:

I love that broken herringbone — and the stitch in the ditch is just perfect! Thanks for linking up. 🙂

23. Your quilt really turned out beautiful! Love the colors in it. Thanks for sharing.Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Just beautiful Lorna. I love the quilting and the backing too!

25. I love the baby quilt! such pretty colors and I love the design! It will be a lucky baby!

26. Your Herring Bone is beautiful. Love your choices of fabric!

27. the herringbone is lovely. 🙂

Oh my! Your broken herringbone quilt is gorgeous. The colors and the design is really stunning. You're right about the quilting not taking away from the design and even enhancing the back – really great job.

29. Leslie says:

this is so pretty. i love the colors

30. Cloud CouCou says:

Super gorgeous, love the colours, looks fab finished and how cute are those turtles?!

31. Jennie says:

Th stitch in the ditch quilting is just perfect for the broken herringbone – it really shows off the pattern beautifully!

32. Wow! I LOVE the baby quilt!! And I mean love love love!

33. Georgi says:

LOVE your broken herringbone quilt! Stitching in the ditch is something I haven't attempted yet, but yours is so awesome and it inspires me to try it ~ thanks, Lorna!