Quilt Photography Workshop
Our challenge for August is to take photos of fabric.
The white surface looks yellowy and the photo is slightly out of focus and shadowy.
Same setting as above. Photo taken in early spring using only natural light. I am not unhappy with this one.
A new acquisition, this photo was also taken in my quilting room, but only using natural light this summer. I tried to arrange the selection a little prettier and took the photo on a slight angle, rather than looking straight down onto the pile.
The surface does not have that yellow tinge, the photo is clear and I am much happier with this shot.
All I know is…..
- I do not have the space indoors to do great photo shoot.
- I cannot invest in lighting equipment or a better camera at this time.
- I should take lots of pictures in different settings.
- Natural lighting is the best.
- I need to keep practicing to see what works and what doesn’t.
Hope we can all get some great advice and encouragement from the others involved in the link up and from friendly visitors… Like you!
See you over at Beth’s!