Quilt Along – Update 3
Good day everyone! Just a quick post to update my progress. Mostly pics!
Yesterday I finished quilting the neutral background and then trimmed the quilt.
As you can see in this pic, the quilt was so large I could not reach the center of the quilt while it was in the frame getting basted. So I pinned from underneath the quilt for the center.
Today I sewed on the binding. Next up – quilting the colourful blocks!
I am getting much better at applying the binding by machine, but wish that I had trimmed the batting and backing 1/8″ larger than the top. The points at the edge of the quilt are just a bit cut off.
I cut my binding to 2 1/4″.
I used a quilting stitch length of 4.0
Lots of learning still going on…. But I am really happy with the results of this project!