Peppermint Dreams

Posted on: April 17th, 2013 by Lorna McMahon

Finished the baby quilt just now!  Calling it Peppermint Dreams….

I made it using blocks I had leftover from making the Sew Retro, Baby! quilt.
I had to make a couple extras to make a decent size for the center of the quilt.
And then added some borders.  This was the first time I ever made the piano keys!  Fun!  Love it….

I also used a different binding method.  I was going to sew it to the back and then turn to the front and machine stitch in place, leaving a stitch line on the back…. But was half way around when I realized I was sewing it to the front.  I then sewed in the ditch along the binding to catch the binding edge on the back of the quilt.  I did not pin except when I got to the corner, but I did press the binding to turn it to the back, first.

Not that happy with the corners….

But am happy with the finish – none the less!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

1. Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!

I love this quilt and I am in awe of anyone brave enough to tackle circles. Nice work.

3. sophie says:

I love your arrangement of the drunkard's path blocks and the fabrics you chose. It definitely looks like peppermint candies 😉

4. Love it! Really like how you made the border curve 🙂

5. Really gorgeous!Estheripatchandquilt DOT wordpress DOT comesthersipatchandquilt AT yahoo DOT com

6. Budsmam says:

Beautiful quilt, I use that method of binding too, I think your corners are very neat

7. Samantha says:

I love your quilt! 😀

8. I love this quilt! Very fresh and appealing.

9. Michelle says:

That is so pretty! I love the way the circles overlap and create the applecore shapes. It looks so simple at first and then there's just so much more detail to look at.

I am in awe of your circles. And the quilt design is quite effective. The piano key with curve corners is perfect. Green for the binding was a nice touch.

11. Mike Pearson says:

I think it looks great! You should be happy with all of it 🙂

12. P. says:

That is so sweet! Completely awesome.

13. Kathy S. says:

This quilt is adorable. I especially love the fabric with the green in it in the quilt. Very nice touch! Congrats on your finish.

14. Cindy says:

Love the design! Pink, white, and green is one of my favorite combinations. I sometimes have issues with the corners when I'm binding a quilt by machine but I too am always happy just to get it done!

15. Foster says:

Darling quilt with a darling name.

16. What a fun quilt! I use a small bulldog clip on each corner and press them really well. I always use is method of machine binding and have found that I get better the more I do it 🙂 much quicker than hand sewing down the binding and means less ufos for me 🙂

17. Lynette says:

Oooh – I love this baby quilt! Perfect name for it, too. The curved corners with the piano keys for the inner border are really marvelous.

18. Renee says:

Beautiful quilt! The binding is so cute!

19. Glinda ♥ says:

Hi Lorna, what's not to love? It's beautiful and PINK!!

20. Vicki in MN says:

It's so cute, love that binding with it!

Very cute circles. An amazing finish. I have a good friend whose favorite colors are pink and green – this reminded me of her 🙂

22. Kris says:

That is so cute. I love the combo of the shell blocks and the apple core look.

23. Lovely quilt – what a fab design!

24. Sewing Mom says:

It's beautiful! Great finish.

25. I love this quilt! It's really darling for a baby quilt.

26. The name for this quilt is perfect! Your knack for curves always impresses me.

27. Love love love! I always end up hand stitching my bindings with a blind hem stitch. The machine stitches look great on yours, maybe I'll have to consider that one of these days. Thanks for the share and congratulations on the feature at Richard and Tanya Quilts!